Thursday, May 04, 2006

Israel Meme Roundup

Based on a thought that came to me during Shabbos, I had an idea for an Israel Meme. After passing it on to a few people, I tried to track down all the people who took it upon themselves to take part in it. I don't know if I got everybody--please email me if you did and I somehow missed you--but here are the posts that I tracked down who took part in the meme...and some others who just have great posts on Israel:


SerandEz writes about a hitch & a prayer

Soccer Dad writes cisterns and the uniqueness of Israel

Sweet Rose
writes about a moving experience Friday night at the Kotel

Ezer K'Negdo writes about her experiences in Nachla'ot

The Hashmonean shares his experience Sabra Picking

Perspectives of a Nomad writes on learning about Har Gilboa

Ocean Guy writes about some of his experiences in Israel in his helicopter

My World: writes about a moment during Succos 2003

Search for Emes, who has never been to Israel, relates his imaginary trip to Israel

Erica's Blog writes about Shabbat at the Kotel

My Obiter Dicta
: has a link to Israel's former ambassador to Great Britain and his account of how he heard about Israel's establishment- while waiting for Iraqi troops to attack

Random Thoughts writes about his experience as a 16-year old living in Israel for the summer

ConservaJew writes about her experience visting Israel as a 17-year old

SerandEz also links to some other great posts:
I'm Haaretz PhD has an excellent post which also has the recording of Israel taking over the Old City of Jerusalem, which is incredibly moving... and BeyondBT linked to a heart-wrenching story on Aish titled "The Rabbi & The Professor".

JoeSettler asks the tough question about why more people aren't moving to Israel en masse... a sharp, excellent post...

And Rafi G discusses the juxtaposition of Yom HaZikaron & Yom Ha'atzma'ut.


Technorati tag: and and .

1 comment:

Erica said...

Thanks for the plug -- it was very electrokiddushal of you. ;D
And a great idea for a meme.